Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekends

I know that it is Sunday and the weekend seems to have flown by. In reality to me, once you retire, one day just kind of melts into the next. The only thing more exciting about weekends it that Carolyn is home and a couple of times a month we get to see our girls and their families. I guess the closest thing that I can compare it to is when I was a kid and it was summer vacation. I can remember loving summer vacation and that the days just seemed to melt together. Often when you ask me what the date is or what day it is, I really have to stop and think. I do know that there have been times in my life when weekends didn't matter. When I worked at the pool and my kids were with me, every day was a weekend. Maybe that is the trick. Find something that you love doing. That way you don't dread going back to work or on the first day of the week all you can think about is the upcoming weekend. I know that a lot of you don't have this option at this point in your lives right now - - But hang in there. Things can always change... Happy Monday everyone.
zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Myspace Monday Comments

2 comments: