Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Silly September Holidays.

I decided that it has been too long since I posted. I love the fact that Jamie has some of the most off the wall stuff on her blog. I love silliness, so I decided to throw some of that in here.

One of the most widely recognized holidays for the month of September is obviously Labor Day. We all look forward to the long weekend and for most, the day signals the end of the summer and its many wonderful activities. This year Labor Day occurred on the 7th of September. All the lakes were packed as well as many other activities (theme parks, ball games... You get the picture.

September has a lot of other holidays. These are all real holidays, but unfortunately we don't get days off or extra pay because of them.

Month of September holidays:

Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Month
(I wonder how many others besides myself could celebrate this one);
Apple Month;
Childrens Good Manners Month
(I think a lot of kids should pay attention to this month);
Mold Awareness Month;
National Chicken Month;
Self-Improvement Month.

September Holiday Weeks

National Waffle Week 6th through the 12th;
Line Dance Week 14th through the 19th;-19;
Banned Books Week 26th - 10/3
( http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/banned/bannedbooksweek/index.cfm );
American Massage Therapy Week 23rd through the 26th.\

September Holidays

Chicken Boys Day - 1st;
Oatmeal Days - 4th and 5th;
Be Late For Something Day - 5th;
Swap Ideas Day - 10th;
Mushroom Days - 12th and 13th;
Talk Like a Pirate Day - 19th ( talklikeapirate.com );
Beer Days - 24th, 25th and 26th;
Fish Amnesty Day 26th; and
Shamu the Whale Day is also the 26th.

Now never let it be said that there is nothing to celebrate in the Month of September. I think my favorites are Talk Like a Pirate Day, Chicken Boys Day, Line Dance Week, and Children's Good Manners Month.

Enjoy your month

1 comment: